A Bit of Wisdom
Before You Blame...
"When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look into the reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or our family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and arguments. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change." Thich Nhat Hanh
Praise loudly, blame softly." Russian Proverb
About Relationship and Family
- Let go of anger - it is an acid that burns away the delicate layers of your happiness.
- A smile increases your face value.
- Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
- The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.
- To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.
- "The value of the personal relationship to all things is that it creates intimacy and intimacy creates understanding and understanding creates love." - Anais Nin
- Life isn’t about what happens to us. It’s about how we perceive what happens to us.
- To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
- "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
- "When you give up your own truth to win at someone else’s game everyone loses." - Stephen C. Paul
- "In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past."- Dali Lama
- "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."- Mother Teresa
- "The first step in achieving happiness is learning to appreciate what you already have, the people with you and not condemn them ." - S. Richardson
- "Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship."- Dali Lama
- "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion." - Dali Lama
- In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don’t try to control. In work, do beyond the call of duty. In family life, be completely present.
- Focus on the positive in your life, for what you focus on increases.